User Experience & User Interaction Designer
Turborilla, one of Sweden’s leading independent game studios, responsible for the Mad Skills games, is currently looking for a skilled User Experience Designer who is passionate about games.
The role is broad and we are looking for someone who loves to create all forms of UI's, from mockups and wireframes to final art.
You could either be a great artist that over the years has gained more interest in UX or maybe you are a skilled UX designer who also fancy doing the art.
A typical day for you would look something like:
- Get into the office sometime between 7.00 and 10.00 in the morning, depending on your preference.
- Read game design documents and discuss with game designers about needed UIs.
- Create wireframe UIs for our games, including current and future mobile games and our future console game.
- Follow up wireframes on target audience and best practices in the industry.
- Create art assets for our developers to implement into the game. Depending on your skill level, you’ll either be guided by our Art Director or will guide yourself.
- While waiting for feedback, you’ll do some personal development work, i.e. reading that article you found or watching that GDC talk you’ve always been interested in.
- Play our games.
- Enjoy some Swedish “Fika”.
- Leave the office after 8 hours of work. We are a strong believer of a healthy work-life balance.
- Small, passionate team in a family environment (there are 16 of us in total at Turborilla).
- Competitive salary.
- 4.5% Pension.
- Healthy work-life balance with almost no overtime.
- Flexible working hours.
- 5 weeks paid vacation. After 2 years of employment you get an additional week.
- Health care benefits such as: 1 hour per week to exercise during work hours and a health care allowance of 4200 SEK a year.
- We love kids and parents! If you want to take parental leave, you still get 10% of your salary during the first 180 days of your parental leave.
- Private health care.
- Career path and personal development.
We’re looking for someone who:
- is passionate about games and game development.
- loves UX.
- knows how to do 2D art and draw UIs.
- has shipped a game before.
- is willing to live and work in Umeå, Sweden.
- is interested in action-sports games.
The position is full time and permanent (after 6 month of trial employment). The studio is based in Umeå, Sweden which means relocation would potentially be needed.
Umeå is one of Sweden's fastest growing cities. The average age of the nearly 123 000 people who live in Umeå is 38. The goal is to pass 200 000 inhabitants before 2050. The city offers world-class art, drama, films, industries, music and research. The size of the city, the ease of living, and the nearby nature makes it ideal for families.